Friday, September 28, 2007

How to Write a Real Song, Part Two

The Lord gave me this song. I gave it to my girl, Beth.

"Love"
Music and Lyrics by Jason Childress

Verse

G F# F E

My woman’s lightning in a bottle/yep, my girl is full throttle

And I ain’t ever seen such a pretty, pretty thing

She’s sweeter than molasses/and from here to Calabasas

G G F# F

We’ll praise the Lord for this matrimonial fling


Chorus

A

Down at the altar, where my lust burned into love,

D

My angel stepped down from heaven above


Verse

G F# F E

That lady’s positively fine/I’m proud to call her mine

A dime a dozen, no that sho’ ain’t her

Like Visa, she is priceless/a Virgo to my Pisces

G G F# F

We fit just like a pimp all cloaked in fur


Chorus

A

Down at the altar, where my lust burned into love,

D

My angel stepped down from heaven above


Bridge


Verse

G F# F E

If she was a car she’d be a Beemer/a treat on Halloweener

With all that sexy, sanctified sass, to boot

Does dishes after dinner/she cooks too, what a winner

G G F# F

Fellas, wow, my girl's a hoot


Repeat Chorus

No comments: